18 February 2009

The Aiden Sweepstakes

Ok... thanks to some preliminary interest in Aiden's arrival details the Phillips would like to boost the hype:

GRAND PRIZE
Any one person who correctly guesses Aiden's birth info will receive one economy class roundtrip ticket on 5-star luxury airline Qatar Airways from Houston, TX to Doha, Qatar to visit the little guy in person. Starting today you can provide your entry via a comment on this post (please recomment to enter the contest if you already posted earlier). Your guess should include:

1. Name of contestant (that's you)
2. Date of birth
3. Official Birth Weight (to the nearest 500 GRAMS*)
4. Official Birth Length (to the nearest CENTIMETER*)
*We will have to do the metric conversions so you should have to backcalculate your guess too!

DOUBLE OR NOTHING: if you are feeling really lucky, provide one additional piece of information and if you get all 4 birth details correct you will receive 2 economy class tickets instead of 1. If you provide this DOUBLE OR NOTHING piece of data you waive any right to the single ticket if you guess incorrectly:
5. Official Birth Hour (rounded up from 30minutes to the nearest MILITARY time ie 01:00 to 24:00)

Good luck - secretly I wish you could all win. Here's hoping atleast one of you takes the DOUBLE OR NOTHING option.

Elligibility requirements:
1. Contestants are limited to folks who have previously commented on our blog (before 18Feb09) - or people that Sheri and I have both met and both like (id family and friends), but for some reason have not commented on our blog.
2. One guess per person - you only get one shot at glory, no changing guesses.
3. Entries must meet the metric requirements, english units will not be qualified for the grand prize
4. The first person to guess a particular arrangement of the 3 variables (date, weight, length) trumps all subsequent submissions, so be sure you aren't guessing details that are already taken
5. If no Grand Prize is awarded, there may be second tier prizes available for the closest entry.
6. Entries will be accepted until 7 days BEFORE we go into the Hospital, which is a moving target and could be only a week away - so avoid any drama and guess TODAY.
7. Date of travel will be determined jointly between the Grand Prize winner and the Phillips family
8. Any contestant who chooses to enter the DOUBLE OR NOTHING sweepstakes waives their right to the Grand Prize.
9. Phillips family only covers ticket price, any additional charges like passport processing, taxi, food in transit will all be paid by contestant

25 comments:

Brandon and Sheri said...

Brandon's Entry
1. Date: March 17th, 2009
2. Weight: 4000 grams (nearest 500g)
3. Length: 52cm (nearest cm)

DOUBLE OR NOTHING
4. Hour: 20:00 (wishful thinking)

Anonymous said...

Sheri's Entry
1. Date: March 8th, 2009
2. Weight: 3800 grams
3. Length: 53 cm
4. Hour: During the day:)

The Maddox Family said...

Although I have made a point to not enter contests that require me to do math, I was willing to make an exception for a free chance to see the star of the show, Aiden.

But I'm afraid I'll have to go double or nothing. Tyler and I travel in pairs (or a trio now), so when I win, I need to make sure Tyler's ticket to Doha is provided, too. HA!! : )

1. Date: March 6, 2009 (Come On, Early Baby!!)
2. Weight: 4000 grams
3. Length: 53 cm
4. Hour: 04:00

Unknown said...

heck, I am going to try even though I am not very good at these things and am not happy about having to convert to the metric system :)! But, let's be honest, I just typed it into an online converter...obviously!

Lauren Carmichael
1. March 2, 2009 (even though I am still trying Sheri to have him on Feb 25th)
2. Weight: 3500 grams
3. Length: 54 cm
***4. Double or Nothing (don't worry, if by the off chance I actually win...I probably won't have a 2nd ticket, unless Abs can leave her family and come with): 06:30 (because Sher is SUCH a morning person)

Ok, Sher, please do your best to help me win! :) jk

brad, kammy, mason & madison said...

We'll see how Mason does on a 20 hour flight... :)

Kammy's entry:
1. Date: March 19, 2009 (sorry Sheri)
2. Weight: 3400 grams
3. Length: 54 cm
4. 02:30

KatieC said...

Katie guesses:

1. Date: March 21, 2009
2. Weight: 3800
3. Length: 54.6cm
4. Time: 0:00 am

Brandon and Sheri said...

Here's hoping that the men figure out that they are elligible too.

The Maddox Family said...

1.Date: 03-09-09
2.Weight: 3850 grams
3.Length: 54cm
4.Hour: 03:00

I know that this info is correct, but I am going to have to turn down your offer on the tickets for obvious reasons.

Next commenter should put down these same "guesses" and I'll delete my post, so that you can win 2 tickets to "where-is-that-exactly-oha".

Anonymous said...

Dad's shot at the numbers
date: 03/05/09
weight: 3900 grams
length: 55cm

Anonymous said...

(Dad Phillips that is)

Anonymous said...

Mom Phillips guess:
Date: March 4th, 2009
Weight: 3900 grams
Length: 54 cm

Jess said...

Here's the winner:
1. Date: March 11, 2009
2. Weight: 3700 grams
3. Length: 53 cm

I am not playing double-or-nothing (becaue if I got the first 3 questions right and then the hour wrong, I would be very upset!), but if I were, here is what my guess would be:
4. Hour: 22:00

I'm getting excited for my first trip to Doha after I win!

Mrs. Cervantes said...

I am going out to get my passport right now:) I will be waiting for the winning email confirmation on March 10th.

1. Date: 3/10/2009
2. Weight: 4250 grams
3. Length: 56 cm

Anonymous said...

Ok so I'll take a stab at it!

I'll have to go double or nothing so here it goes...

Kristen's Entry:
1. Date: March 15th, 2009
2. Weight: 4200 grams
3. Length: 56 cm
4. Hour: 09:00

Let me know when to put in my vacation request at work! I can't wait to meet him in the desert!!

Love ya!
-Kristen

Anonymous said...

Although I may work in the technology world, it took me 15 minutes scrolling up and down, up and down this blog page to figure out where to submit my freakin entry.

I have a new rule. If everyone is wrong......you fly me over. :)

Here we go.

Date: March 7th
Weight: 3750
Height: 53
Time: 16:00

Anonymous said...

Mr. Corley

1. March 16
2. 3500g
3. 52

Not goind double or nothing but would guess 2100 ETA

Anonymous said...

Here is Grandma Sue's prediction.
1. March 18, 2009
2. 3628.738 grams (8lbs.6 ounces)
3. 50.8 cm (20 inches)
4. Hour: 0200 (2 AM)

Unknown said...

Loser #1 is....LAUREN :(...well, I will just have to wait until summer when you venture out here with the little man!

Anonymous said...

Hey Lauren,

I tried really hard, doing jumping jacks and walking but he hasn't budged. we will definitely see you this summer since he will be here by then:)

Mark said...

Mark
1) Date: March 12th, 2009
2) Weight: 4.45 kg
3) Length: 54 cm

I'm late to the game, but am confident that I will win.

Unknown said...

Grandpa Don's Entry
1. March 14th
2. 3500 grams
3. 53 cm
4. 22:30

P.S. Reality - when Aiden is good and ready!

Tim Gwynn said...

You should just fly me over because you like me the most. And also because i took you months to call me and Sheri is pregnant and while I do forgive you, I'm still a little bitter. Hope all goes well. I miss you two! (I'll talk to you soon, on the phone, when Aiden is born). In the words of One Tree Hill, "No Regrets."

Brandon and Sheri said...

BTW... those who have responded (do respond) to this post will be included on an exclusive 'you heard it first' listserve when the big day arrives.

Unknown said...

Yay! Everyday, I check the blog and facebook and my email...thinking that it might just be the day!

Brandon and Sheri said...

Based on 'recent developments' it looks likely that Tina or Jess have the best opportunity to win the Grand Prize.