06 January 2008

Savin' the world, one word at a time

Sheri discovered a great website that is helping combat world hunger in a very creative way.



You earn grains of rice by correctly identifying the best meaning for various vocabulary words of increasing difficulty. The site tracks your rice and vocab stats, making it a great way to spur on some responsible competition. I've already donated 4280 grains of rice and reached a maximum Vocab Level of 41... whatdya got? Don't let the easy words fool you - earning your rice will take some skillz.


*While using your dictionary may end world hunger sooner, it will tarnish your Vocab Level and potentially cost you a slot in the Vocab Hall of Fame (aka a small bulletin board in Sheri's 3rd grade classroom)... leave the cheating to the professional baseball players.

1 comment:

Tim Gwynn said...

Yeah, I play this with my 5th graders when we have some time to kill. They love it.

Man, I'm bummed schedules didn't work out over Christmas. You guys were so busy and I couldn't quite fit 6 hours of driving in. Hopefully we'll hang out again one day. I miss you guys.