29 September 2009

Mom Cut My Hair!

Okay so for the last few weeks I have been receiving pressure from unnamed sources, Brandon and friends, to cut Aiden's hair. Brandon believed that Aiden was starting to look like Celine Dion's child which I denied, since Aiden is much cuter. So after eating in his high chair I got the scissors. Let me tell you cutting a 6 month olds hair alone is not advisable. It only took 3 snips and I was heartbroken. My little baby is now a big boy. Didn't know a hair cut could do that to you but it did. So I am posting the before and after pics to see what you all think. I am still voting for the before. I think now he is too much of a prep and lost his baby look. Brandon thinks it looks better. Here you go.
Before:

After:


Here is a preview of our soon to be crawler!!

8 comments:

brad, kammy, mason & madison said...

We too were amazed at how quickly a haircut transformed Mason into a big boy (or at least looking like one). I got used to it after a couple of days and we're now part of the clean cut kid club... Mason's going in for his 4th haircut (of his life) this week.

Aiden is a cutie with or without Celine Dion hair! :)

Brandon and Sheri said...

Kammy totally avoided the question... unfortunately Sheri purposely loaded an after photo where Aiden looks like Lloyd Christmas.

Best part of the trim is we can go back to the fauxhawk instead of the windswept bangs over the ear (shudder)

Anonymous said...

Hmm...

Dash is almost 11 months and has yet to receive a haircut. That is primarily due to the fact that I want to be able to wipe his long bangs out of his face and play with the tiny mullet-style pony tail growing at the back. So, I completely sympathize with Sheri.

On the other hand, we will most likely be getting it cut soon because there is a certain je ne sais quoi about a fresh 'do. So I see Brandon's and the other's p.o.v.

While I loved the crazy hair, I vote for the new style. If you had waited any longer (like we have!), I can guarantee you that he would not have sat still long enough to get a straight/even cut, so now you get to join the coveted list of "perfect first hair cuts," a status that most likely the Maddox's will not be sharing!

Did you save some hair for the baby book?

-L Madd

Sheri said...

Thanks for the honesty. I am just worried that we will be doing a haircut once a month from now on. This kid has crazy hair growth.

I didn't save any for the baby book but there is still plenty on the head to snip off for a keepsake. I will be interested to hear how it goes with Dash's hair cut.

Sheri said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jess said...

I love it! I think Aiden still looks like a baby, BUT he definitely has the "I'm growing into a big boy soon!" look too. You did the right thing :) Keep the pictures coming.

Mrs. Cervantes said...

Love the new style! I am sure Aiden likes it out of his face as well. You are so brave to take scissors to his head. I don't think I could do it.

Unknown said...

I think he looks cute with his new haircut! Love, Grandma Sue