18 February 2008

When you know you have too much $$$

Sheri saw a short segment on the Today Show 'afternoon' broadcast earlier this week with Arabs in traditional dress excitedly bidding on license plates. Apparently the UAE, like Qatar, covets short license plate numbers and memorable phone numbers... how much money do you have that you can spend $14.5M on one license plate? Then again, in a town when anyone can buy the same red Ferrari F599 Fiorano, it's important to make a statement any other way you can.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_ho7siowPQ (video)

http://abcnews.go.com/Business/story?id=4301197&page=1 (text)

Forget the 401k, we're investing our money in Qatar license plate and phone numbers.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just want one that says "G" how much would that run me?

The Maddox Family said...

people in the u.s. with vanity plate annoy me. I know we are talking about something different here, but I'm just sayin. I want to slap them. Yesterday I saw
"nonou2"
no no to you? WTF?! I hate this person without ever seeing them. If I had seen them...(see above).