12 June 2009

Kids Are Resilient - Dads Not So Much



Aiden will have to wait atleast one more season to experience his first Stanley Cup Championship. What an incredible finish to a great series of hockey. A crossbar and one incredible save in the final minute leaves the Wings one win away... as much as I would have preferred a different outcome (and not losing my satellite signal for 15 minutes of the final period), it was great to see a young Penguins team rejuvinate the sport. I'm not a superstitious guy - but the Wings lost all 3 of the games I woke up at 3am to watch... I'm not sure what is better - to watch good hockey and have my team lose the Cup, or not watch my team win a Championship.

Fortunately Aiden is too young to realize just how hard it is for a team to get to the Finals... plenty of time to see the Wings hoist the cup for his generation.

Always next season...

1 comment:

Jon And Tina said...

Sorry your favorite team didn't win the cup. Maybe next year. Maybe they won't win until Aiden is old enough to be on the team.

Now you can prepare for your fantasy football leagues.

Jon Cervantes