11 January 2009

On Your Mark, Get Set, Diapperrr




I was lucky enough to have my first and only Baby shower yesterday. It was hosted by my friends whom I had given a shower last year at this time for myself, Mariah(preggo with a boy due Feb3) and Cheryl(preggo with a girl, Ella, due Feb1). I have to say I haven't opened so many gifts since I was a little kid at Christmas. It was very overwhelming and extremely thoughtful of everyone who came. After living overseas you start to see everyone as family since you are so isolated, so people whom I had never met brought me gifts and well wishes. I am very thankful for having such a wonderful group here. So after unwrapping all the gifts, while wiping sweat from the forehead(a pregnancy symptom) the husbands were summoned into the house for what would become the Daddy relay!
It started out with the dads sucking down beer in a baby bottle then the wives were to bib and feed the husbands spinach and carrots followed by diapering stuffed animals. Once it started the dads became quiet humbled when they were only able to drink 1 oz out of the bottle in 1 minute! Kudos to Brandon, the only Dad who ate the baby food. He is a Champ! But the biggest surprise of all was when they began diapering the animals they were immediately replaced with real babies!!!! Each father was given a baby that would represent their future child. Two boys and a girl! Amazingly all were diapered without any mommy interference or accidents! But, Brandon wasn't the winner. He was one snap away. Still a winner in my eyes. Luckily just like little league everyone was a winner, and recieved a safety kit for the baby. It was a lot if fun and something I will remember. I wish I could share all of the goodies with you guys back home but hopefully Aiden can showcase them in his pictures when he makes his appearance.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

that is awesome! what a great day with lots of perspective on what's to come... i especially love the "live" demonstration on diaper changing. brad and i laugh now at how unrealistic the baby doll diaper changing lesson was... it doesn't account for wiggly babies or the errant streams that accompany the real thing!

The Maddox Family said...

make sure to wash the beer out of the bottle before you give it to the baby. CPS frowns on those sort of things!

glad you got showered on - even out in the desert. i think all the peeps from TX wish we could be there with you every step of the way (thanks God for blogs!), but we're glad to see you making friends and like you said, family, while there.

Mrs. Cervantes said...

Sounds like it was a blast. I am so glad your over seas peeps are taking good care of you guys:)