03 September 2007

The Bun is Done

Sheri and I became Aunt and Uncle over the weekend, when her older brother Matt and his wife Vanessa gave birth to 7lb 3oz Ava Anderson - a beautiful baby girl.

It's the first big event we've had to miss because of our expatriation, reminding us just how far away we moved. Pictures and phone calls don't quite make up for time in the rocking chair... but we'll be back to civilization in a few weeks to meet Ava face to face and celebrate another lifechanging event - Abby's wedding (you probably thought I was going to say Halo3's release, which coincidentally is released during our trip as well)!

For little Ava's privacy I won't be posting her photos on the blog - but you can send us an email or leave a comment on the blog to get the cute pics sent over.

Do keep mom, dad and baby in your prayers - based on the testimonies of other friends with newborns, they'll need it - especially if Ava takes after her Aunt Sheri!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aunt and Uncle Phillips

Congratulations!!!

Brent

Tim Gwynn said...

At first glance of the title and picture of this blog, I thought Sheri was pregnant. If I find out about you having kids over a blog, I might have to beat you B. Just so you know.

And my final plea... is there a way we can talk over phone? Skype? Vonage? Anything? Let me know.

Anonymous said...

Mr. Gwynn, I am right there with ya. Being a "scanner" my stomach did a 360 when I quickly glanced at the pix and the title. You may want to warn your parents.

As for Ava, Congrats!!! Beautiful name, beautiful baby (I already saw the pix)! Welcome to the loving world of being an aunt / uncle. : ) Looking forward to the States' visit.

Lauren M.